Reporting Spam Headers - Microsoft Outlook Express 6
When responding to a spam-related question, SupraNet support will often ask you to forward a copy of the email with full headers. These headers allow us to track the email to its source, and take action to stop or block the source of the messages.
Microsoft Outlook Express 6
- Right-click on the message you believe to be spam, and select Properties.
- In the window that pops up, click on the Details tab.
- Click on the inside of the text box underneath Internet headers for this message.
- Using the mouse, click and drag to select all the text in the box. Press Ctrl+C to copy the text to the clipboard.
- Click Cancel to close the Properties window.
- If SupraNet support has asked you to send the headers, please reply to that message. Otherwise, click on Create Mail and address the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of the message, press Ctrl+V to paste the headers.
- Click Send to finish.