Apple Mail in Mac OS X 10.5
Revision as of 10:51, 15 July 2015 by Wiki admin
To add a new account to Apple Mail (Mac OS X 10.5):
- Choose Preferences from the Mail menu. If you have not yet set up any accounts, the Mail Setup window appears, and you can skip to Step 5.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear on your outgoing email for Full Name. Enter your email address for Email Address. Enter your email password for Password. (If you don't have this information, please contact SupraNet or your network administrator for assistance.) Click Continue.
- Choose IMAP from the Account Type menu. Enter mailbox.supranet.net for Incoming Mail Server. Enter your email address for User Name. Enter your email password for Password. Click Continue.
- Enter your mail server for Outgoing Mail Server. Check the box marked Use Authentication. Enter your email address for User Name. Enter your email password for Password. Click Continue.
- If you are not already on the Accounts icon in the Mail Preferences window, choose Preferences from the Mail menu and click the Accounts icon.
- Select the account you just created from the list on the left. Choose Edit Server List... from the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) menu.
- Select the server you just created from the list on the top. Click the Advanced tab. Enter 587 for Server port. Uncheck Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Choose Password from the Authentication menu. Enter your email address for User Name. Enter your email password for Password. Click OK.
- That's it! Your new SupraNet email account is set up. If you received errors during your setup, or your new mail account doesn't work, please contact SupraNet.