Microsoft Outlook 2010
Revision as of 10:31, 25 January 2016 by Wiki admin
To add a new account to Outlook 2010:
- Open Outlook 2010.
- Select the File tab and click on Add Account
- Check the box next to Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click the Next > button.
- The Internet E-mail button is selected. Click Next >.
- Enter your information in the fields provided. In the Your Name box, enter your name exactly as you want it to appear to recipients. In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail address. In the Server Information section, select IMAP for Account Type. In the Incoming mail server box, type the name of your IMAP4 server. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the name of your SMTP server. In the User Name box, type your account name. In the Password box, type your password.
- Click the More Settings... button in the lower right corner.
- In the dialog that pops up, select the Outgoing Server tab. Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box. The Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button should be selected.
- Select the Advanced tab. In the Outgoing server (SMTP) field, delete 25 and enter 587, as shown. Click OK.
- You are now back to the account settings screen. Click the Next button. A dialog box may pop up asking for your password. You may check the box labeled Save this password in your password list and click OK.
- After the test has completed, click Close.
- Click Finish. Your new SupraNet mail account is ready to go!